SAE Standards are the workhorse documents that harmonize processes, practices, and products throughout the mobility industry, and are paramount to the advancement of technology. Standards documents are more than the practices of today. They account for history and anticipate the future of technology, regulation, and business. The direct benefits of standards are simple in concept but extraordinary in their global impact toward ever-safer, cleaner, more efficient worldwide transportation.
To learn more about how SAE Standards can benefit your business, review our comprehensive Standards Development brochure.
Technical standards enable and enhance:
- Consistent and clear expectations for product performance and reliability
- Regulatory compliance
- Consistent product quality
- Compatibility and interoperability
- More efficient procurement
- Lowers trade barriers
- Lowers purchasing costs
- Decreases design time
- Promotes innovation
- Increases new technology speed to market
SAE Historical Standards
SAE Historical Standards provide important information and knowledge to mobility engineering professionals. The ability to see the evolution of a standard provides valuable insight into the development and design of specific parts, components, systems, or vehicles. This not only gives engineers an historical perspective on a given standard, but allows them to track general technology trends and patterns over time. The available full text collections are:
- Historical Ground Vehicle Standards (J-Reports)
- Historical Aerospace Material Specifications (AMS)
- Historical Aerospace Standards (AS)
For a detailed description of the status definitions for SAE Standards click here.